Product Key Features
• 8 ports PoE+ for multi-switch audio or single-switch video deployments.
• 8x1G PoE+ with 125W PoE budget with 2x1G additional ports and 2xSFP 1G fiber uplinks.
• Fanless mode possible with max 25ºC ambient 35ºC internal sensor and 80W PoE loading.
• Quiet mode acoustic noise 27.38dBA@25ºC when all ports used and 125W PoE loading.
• 1U 200mm deep rackmount with front black display panel and all ports in the back.
• Possible reversed mounting with ports in the front including recessed mounting.
• Universal mounting options outside the rack with bottom M5 and front M10 threaded holes.
• Pre-configured for Audio and Video over IP out of the box.
AV Line M4250 Series Managed Switches
Switching engineered for 1G AV over IP with PoE+ Ultra90 PoE++ and rear-facing ports ensuring a clean integration in AV racks. M4250 switches come pre-configured for standard audio and video signals. When requirements are more specific an AV user interface offers customization with port-based profiles. For audio Dante Q-SYS and AES67 profiles are available as well as an AVB profile requiring an AVB license sold separately. For video the M4250 offers profiles for NVX SVSI Q-SYS NDI Dante etc. as well as audio/video/control mixed profiles. When multiple switches NETGEAR IGMP PlusTM brings automation for you to just connect them together.
• Dedicated AV web-based GUI interface for more specific AV installations.
• Color-based AV profiles can be applied to the different ports.
• Dante Q-SYS AES67 and AVB audio profiles.
• AVB requires an AVB4212P-10000S license (sold separately).
• NVX SVSI Q-SYS NDI and Dante video profiles.
• Audio / video / control mixed profiles.
• Automatic switch interconnect with NETGEAR IGMP PlusTM.
• Common Layer 2 and Layer 3 switching engine across all M4250 models.
• Built-in IT web GUI console telnet and SSH consistent with other NETGEAR M4xxx series.
• Feature set includes static RIP and PIM routing DHCP Server and PTPv2.
M4250 Support for Audio Video Bridging (AVB)
One of the many features designed into the new M4250 product line is full support for Audio Video Bridging (AVB) an industry standard for transporting content over a network. AVB is used most often when very low latency is required such as in live performances when lip sync is critical. All of the AV Line M4250 switches can be optionally licensed for AVB support.