The NETGEAR M4250 Switch Series introduces the AV Line developed and engineered for audio/video professionals with dedicated service and support. M4250 has been built from the ground up for the growing AV over IP market combining years of networking expertise in AV with M4300 and M4500 series with best practices from leading experts in the professional AV market. AV codecs generally use 1Gbps or 10Gbps per stream and the AV Line of M4250 targets the widespread 1Gbps codecs.
PoE+ Ultra90 PoE++ and rear-facing ports ensure a clean integration in AV racks. M4250 switches come pre-configured for standard audio and video signals. When requirements are more specific an AV user interface offers customization with port-based profiles. For audio Dante Q-SYS and AES67 profiles are available as well as an AVB profile requiring an AVB license sold separately. For video the M4250 offers profiles for NVX SVSI Q-SYS NDI Dante etc. as well as audio/ video/control mixed profiles. When multiple switches NETGEAR IGMP Plus™ brings automation for you to just connect them together or with M4300 and M4500 switches.
Extended AV Features
• Dedicated AV web-based GUI interface for more specific AV installations.
• Color-based AV profiles can be applied to the different ports.
• Dante Q-SYS AES67 and AVB audio profiles.
• AVB requires a license (sold separately).
• NVX SVSI Q-SYS NDI and Dante video profiles.
• Audio / video / control mixed profiles.
• Automatic switch interconnect with NETGEAR IGMP PlusTM.
• Common Layer 2 and Layer 3 switching engine across all M4250 models.
• Built-in IT web GUI console telnet and SSH consistent with other NETGEAR M4300 and M4500 series.
• Feature set includes static RIP and PIM routing DHCP Server and PTPv2.
Audio Video Bridging (AVB) Services
• AVB is one of the many features designed into the M4250 product line.
• AVB is an industry standard for transporting content over a network.
• AVB is used most often when very low latency is required such as in live performances when lip sync is critical.
• All of the AV Line M4250 switches can be optionally licensed for AVB support.
Other IT Use Cases
• Standard or recessed mounting with all ports in the back or all ports in the front.
• Fully featured L2/L3/L4 platform for midsize Enterprise campus networks IoT and IPTV.
Industry Standard Management
• Industry standard command line interface (CLI) main NETGEAR IT web interface (GUI) SNMP sFlow and RSPAN.
• Single-pane-of-glass NMS300 management platform with centralized firmware updates and massconfiguration support.
Industry leading warranty
• NETGEAR M4250 series is covered under NETGEAR ProSAFE Limited Lifetime Hardware Warranty*.
• 90 days of Technical Support via phone and email Lifetime Technical Support through online chat and Lifetime Next Business Day hardware replacement.